Tuesday, May 31, 2005

My thoughts on KOTOR 2

Ok this post is entirely about a video game so if your not intrested in the game skip it.

Finished KOTOR 2 last wed. It was good and it was different but it was the same all together. The Story continues on from the first and you go to some of the worlds that you were on the first time. Its kinda cool to come back and be like hey I remember this room this is where I did X or whatever. SO that was kinda cool. The Plot twist this time around was done more dramatically so I liked it and didnt see it coming. The whole, you are revan, thing was an ok twist but not what I was expecting in terms of mind blowing twists and I was dissapointed last time around. I felt the story was more interesting in this one than the first which should say quite a bit and the games pacing starts off faster than the first which is good b/c I thought the first one dragged in the beggining. Also the whole dynamic of character influence was really cool and really alters who you bring with you and how you interact with them. gone are the moments when the game stopped and you got a shot at carths blank stare with a caption of "carth looks like he has something on his mind" In knights II you want to talk to all your npc's b/c you want influence so you can turn them light or dark depending on how you are playing. SO I think that aspect of the game was leaps and bounds above the first. Now to my complaints. I really have only 1 major complaint. Combat. Oh My. I hate the combat engine in this game. I hate that characters set to stationary will lock on to enimes in other rooms behind closed doors and not only stop fighting whatever is trying to kill me but will run away and open those closed doors then stand in front of an enemy -- not fight it no just stand their and die. The only NPC I ever felt did anything was kreia set to jedi support. Thats all. SO if you play it when you have kreia thats all shes worth. I also hate how the camera will lock onto the active enemy and not give you control back of the camera. there were a few times that I was overwhelmed and needed to put some space in between me and an enemy only to have the camera fight my attempts at seeing where I was running. I also hate the inventory management tab / dock / whatever. I always find myself scrolling through tons of stimulants just trying to find a med pack for someone only to have that npc killed b/c I could not find it fast enough. It just makes already difficult combat even more cumbersome. But despite all of that their is not that much combat that involves more than 3 enemies at a time so this time around I rarely found myself dying. I rarely used any kind of shield and if I did die in a fight I simply reloaded and put on a shield and some stimulants and I was fine next time. Finnaly I felt the final battle was EASY. I dont feel like I spent excesive time boosting my main character but in the end it was over in less than 2 min. SO the contrast to the first knights final battle is interesting. For me the first battle was totally skewed in favor of the boss. You had to destroy these tube things by throwing your light saber all while being attacked. then when done you had to basically get a cheap shot off and then run, heal and repeat. This final battle was the total opposite of impossibly hard in that it was totally easy. SO those are my thoughts on knights. I still hate the combat but the story and dynamic of the game are so cool that the combat just doesnt matter. IF you liked the first KOTOR then you will like this one. Their will be times when you start to get bored from all the sub quests that get set up but just remember you dont have to do a lot of them so quite whinning. If you have never played any KOTOR I say this and gently as possible. THEIR ARE OTHER GAMES ON THE XBOX THAN HALO SO STOP PLAYING HALO AND GET ANOTHER GAME. Sorry anyway yeah its worth the price of admission and now that its been out for awhile you can scoop it up cheaper. SO thats all their is for that.

Games im still working on

ps2 FFX - really awesome im still very much engrossed in this game

xbox -- metal arms. Ok if you like halo then you will love metal arms. I promise. did I mention the robots scream when you blow them up. THEY SCREAM!!!! oh its fun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was really boring and i didnt even read any of it. except the first sentence that says if you dotn care about this then dont read it. so i didnt... but yes you should really think of better things to talk about.... like... cute stories about your marriage... or... little funny things your dogs do.... or... jokes that you make up yourself... or... post pictures of some cute shoes...

of course these are just suggestions...

Anonymous said...

Nah... Video games are good.

Anonymous said...

I've put together a little page to help "buick grand national"
people find good places for "buick grand national"
related sites. If you get a chance check out "buick grand national"
.
Keep the shiny side UP!. Ray in San Diego**KEYWOR

Anonymous said...

deals are at their best there. Come on by and check it out. :)

Anonymous said...

To read more about 4 acr srt follow that link

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger,

I am passionate about Eight essential Sugars, and was on the net gathering information on Eight essential Sugars and found your ##TITLE## website.

Great site, keep it up. If you haven't heard about Eight essential Sugars, please take a moment and visit my site to learn about this new life changing discovery of Eight essential Sugars.