Friday, May 06, 2005

I'm getting a vacation! + Why I desperatly need one!

Ok so a really great friend of mine was talking to me a couple of weeks ago about the possibility of doing the log cabin thing for a weekend to just get away and have fun. I was like that would be really cool for a # of reasons. first off the only time lisa and I get together with Matt is work type stuff so the thought of having a vacation to just chill and relax and hang with him and his wife heidi was a pretty sweet thought. Second up I love the outdoors and think going to an area with nature and cool things would be really really sweet. Thirdly I really really really need a break from everything to the point where the last time I went to see my doctor she said "Chris you really need to think about taking a vacation." I was like CRAP im 27 and my doc is like you need to take a vacation. DOH. SO anyway Matt made the suggestion but I really didnt think anything would come of it. Well it did. WHOO HOO! SO last night we settled on a venue and made the reservation and next weekend we will be hanging at a pretty nice cabin in the Hocking Hills area. Now the only thing that is killing me is this. Hocking hills has like the best outdoor climbing in ohio. Like the best. And I have never gone climbing there. SO I am going to be in the heart of Ohio's climbing country (dont laugh too hard) but heres the catch. Im the only climber of our group. Which means no climbing for me. I will probably bring my slippers and a chalk bag just in case there are some boulders around our cabin that I could maybe get a grip on but thats about all im thinking. But I am not complaining it is still going to be a kickin weekend. SO a week from now thats where I will be . YEA!!!!!! Now i know its not something like two weeks in hawaii but we cant all have are dreams come true now can we. (Luke and Stephen SUCK)

Ok so thats why getting a wee break and heres why a need one

Ok the last week / month / year / decade have been well .... hard. SO i really need to get away sometimes, doesnt everybody so its cool that we are actually doing this. Plus that as usual things are ramping up with a vengeance at my job and it looks like summer is going to kill. which means that things will be insane for me at work from now until perhaps next november. That coupled with little stressfully random things like finding out my motorcycle was "nudged" by a minvan and laying on its side in the grass are just stressing me out beyond belief (sorry sue I had too! ^_^ ) SO i am super excited and so is lisa about getting away for a few days. Im sure we will bring a digi cam and take some pics I will also link latter in the week to the site for the cabin. SO in short im excited. Well thats all for now.

Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I said I was sorry. I guess I'm not the only bitter one in this family right now!