Friday, May 27, 2005

My day and other stuff

first off I probably wouldnt have even taken the time to post but jason sent me a link that is worth taking a look at.

This is why you dont mess with a japanese woman

Thats just crazy but I do wonder how prevolent crime is in a society so influenced by the martial arts? Man I just cant stop watching this. If you just let it keep looping pay special attention to the girl her form is perfect for what she does. Anyway so after you take a peek then go over to the great folks at Altavista and use babelfish to translate it from russian to english.

SO anyway whats up with me. Ive been pretty bummed lately and have just not been very happy but today I had a good run and its been a long time since that happened so that has picked up my spirits some. This is my first run of the season and for the first time I feel strong from the winter break. WOW weight training and cardio at the gym pay off!!! SO that was good. I felt really strong through the first 3 miles and then my quick burning sugars (which seems to be all I eat anymore) ran out and well I started to crash but since running is, to me, like 20% physical and 80% mental I kept going for another mile or so. Its funny b/c I really wanted to run through the downtown area of dayton and I had not gotten their yet. I could have taken a short cut and skipped mile 4 but that would have eliminated downtown so I had to keep going. To my surprise their was a ball game going on at 5/3 field and I actually got to see something interesting happen in a baseball game SHOCK! The Batter hit the ball and well I guess it was like a pop fly maybe but it didnt go that far into the outfield and was caught. Ok the story will get better I promise. the guy on first, I think his name was who, decided to be all ballsy and went to steal second, this being totally out of character for ball players, caught the other team off gaurd, and although he was not running terribly fast, he did manage to beat the ball to the base and was safe! Good Show OLD Chap! SO thats why I like running through downtown you never no what you are going to see. I also like running past all the suits on their lunch breaks stuffing their faces full of greasy fatty foods and thinking im glad im not them. SO thats my story for the day. Going to be unplugging for the weekend as we head to my brothers house in michigan. He has lured me with the promise of 4 wheelers and dirtbikes! Hopefully it will be safe and fun and hopefully spark plugs will finnaly get the shakes out of my car.

Have a great weekend everone! Cheers!

1 comment:

Darren Baker said...

Greetings! This is Darren Baker an old friend of Jason Ruddy's. I happened upon your site while checking out Jason's - and one hour later I've read all your blog :)

Jason and I have been friends since 1989 or so and I've spent some time with your wife and her sister Sara from 89-91.

So it's a wee bit of a shock to find out that Lisa is married and to see pictures of Sara climbing rocks. I still remember them as ~12 y.o. and ~4 y.o. respectively :) Getting old sure is a drag!

It's also great to see Mom still has her excellent sense of humor! Howdy Sue!

I've really enjoyed reading your blog and hearing about all the excellent games you've been playing. I'm an Xbox gamer mostly as I'll explain later. I just finished Fable last night and I have to agree with your statements! It was a beautiful and creative game, but it could have been better. They'll be releasing an expanded version for the PC soon I believe. I'll probably pick that up and play again with a different focus.

Metal Arms is definitely a great game. Glad to hear someone else agrees!

Thought I'd share a game I've been playing that's a blast - Burnout 3: Takedown. usually I dislike driving games but this one has captured my attention. You're actually rewarded for running into things (which I tend to do too often in other driving games - and hence my dislike :)) and driving like a maniac through oncoming traffic. Check it out even if you don't like driving games - you may like it.

Back to why I'm such an Xbox fan - I work at Microsoft on the 360. It's got to be pretty much the best job on the planet for me. I've got a technical background, as I've gathered you do, and I'm a big gamer - so you can imagine the fit :)

You mentioned that your Xbox Live sub was about to run out. We have a company store where I can get an annual renewal for ~1/2 price or less. Let me know if you'd like me to get one. I can also get the first party Xbox games for ~25 each, including Jade Empire, Halo, Halo 2, Crimson Skies, etc.

You can drop by my blog or talk to Jason directly to get my contact info.

Enjoyed reading your site!