Thursday, April 07, 2005

To be monitored is to be free




Ok so i get to work today and my first phone call goes a little something like this

me: Net Ops this is Chris may I help you?
caller: hello Chris is William Griffith available?

(now that's my boss but he goes by Bill and we get a lot of vendor calls that we screen for him so I didn't just pass it off to him cuz it seemed phisshy)

me: yes I think he is in but is there anything I can do to help you out
caller: well this is the FBI and I'm investigating a fraudulent online tip that we just received from your network about Osama Bin Laden.

me: ??????? (CRAP)
me: wow ok I think I can help you with this.

SO I talked to him some more and got the information that I needed to start my investigation. And in case your wondering what the "hot tip" was. Apparently Osama Digs on Wal-Mart b/c a guy who lives on Faggot ln. Says he saw Osama at the walmart in Beavercreek. I actually started to laugh when the agent told me that part and he says "this is not funny" and I replied "No I don't think its funny either I just cant believe how stupid people are" He agreed.

SO this was obviously a priority since its like the FBI so I got the info I needed and called him back. Within about 20 min the school had the kid in the principals office getting the royal smack down (in a figurative sense not literally)

SOOOOOOOOO

what's the point of all this what's the moral lesson we can learn, what's the 5 min public service announcement after the episode of G. I. Joe??

Well Kids here goes DON'T BE STUPID IDIOTS! And if your going to be a stupid idiot don't prank someone who will come after you. Now I realize that a stupid idiot kid might not know who that is. So here's a brief list

Secret Service
FBI
NSA
CIA
CDC
local police
Mafia
Moe's Tavern

Ok so there ya go and while we are at it lets just grow up some K?

The other lesson learned here is that unless you are a u83r 1337 h4x0r, if you use a computer to do something you shouldn't. Your going to get caught and their will be a trail leading right back to you.

so anyway Cheers all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that this will be our funny story before class tonight! lol what an idiot.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I heartily agree. You have to be some kind of a blathering idiot to enter info on the computer unless you want to get busted.