Monday, April 25, 2005

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Ok so today I leave for training and while I am really busy and feel like I have tons to do, today is really quite a sad day for me for a number of reasons. First off for the last 4 years at my job we have had an intern off and on named Phil. Phil has become a really good friend to me and at the end of this week he is leaving for bigger and better things. SO thats sad to begin with but because of the training I am going to I am going to miss his going away party. so poop on that. Also Im really really really going to miss lisa. Its really hard being away from her and its even more so now. SO to say that I am not looking forward to going to training would be a bit of an understatement. But in case you guys are wondering what swank crib i will be marinatin in for the next week here ya go

My swank crib

It looks pretty nice. I like that I get to pick where I stay (within reason) for this stuff. SO this hotel has a workout room, pool, and jacuzzi which are musts for me as I need to keep working out even when I am away. Also they say they have "free wireless internet" I hope that means they have free wired net as well since I dont have a wireless card but maybe I can talk them into letting me use one from the hotel or maybe the good guys at TCCSA will let me borrow one. If they have one that is. B/C I dont want to be without net access for the whole week. Geesh that would suck.

Ok small rant to follow

SBC as a company is dumb. Ok I have to call in high speed internet lines all the time. They have an automated phone system that goes like this

ask you what state
I key the # for ohio

asks you if its a new trouble or existing ticket
I key for new trouble

asks what type of circuit it is
I key for Ds1 or above

what I get -- Someone in michigan asking me what my local phone number is????? I have to explain it all to them and then I get transfered again. Whats the point of an automated system that doesnt care about your responses?????? It drives me crazy

sorry I had to vent b/c I am on minute 8 of being on hold with SBC. And I hate waiting.

Well I hope everyone has a good week. Cheers!

No comments: