Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I cant believe it


I have a few mac friends and one thing I have always said to them is this. "When Apple finally abandons a single button mouse I will start taking them seriously. " Well they have done that and in true apple form they not only came out with something new, they came out with something truly inovative. I have to say this is the coolest mouse I have ever seen and I want one really badly. Touch sensitive left and right buttons and a 360 degree wheel/ball. It makes so much sense yet no one else has done it. I cant wait for this to be the standard mouse shipping with all macs. I think apple is really starting to do things that are making the world take notice and although this is probably a minor one I think it will have a huge impact for them.

More later Im too busy to have even posted this which shows how impressed I am about it.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that today and I almost mentioned it to you. I was blown awy by it also. When Apple does something, they do it right. I can't wait for them to release a wireless Bluetooth version. Now I just need to get a Mac again.

Anonymous said...

While I am also excited, and plan to get one as soon as I can, I must say this... Even though I never use the mouse which comes with a Mac, most PC people I know also don't use the mouse which comes with their PC. I mean, are we to believe that the entirety of stand-alone mice on shelves for the past 10 years have been for Mac users only? Somehow, with the MS Intellipoint and Logitec optical mice (some of which are PC only) dominating the market for the past few years, I doubt it seriously.

But I am really glad I can finally get rid of my Intellipoint! Good-bye scroll-wheel, hello scroll-ball.

Ruki said...

Jason -- totally not what I meant. Yes I realize that lots of pc users buy aftermarket mice. My point is that for a good number of years Wintel machines have come standard with at least a two button mouse and in the last few years the scroll wheel has also become standard. Thus eliminating the need to immediatly go out and buy a new mouse if you require this functionality. I personally use the right mouse button all the time and the scroll wheel and I must admit I never liked it when apple people said of we have a right click you just have to hold down this key on the keyboard and it does the same thing. I gues my point is that I have two button mice that plug into a db9 serial port. Thats pretty freaking old and this is the first time Apple as a company have acknowledged the usefullness of more than one button. My big point was not only did they do it they did it better.