Friday, July 29, 2005

That'll do pig....That'll do.

Ok so first off I have to say that today I got an instant message that I was totally not expecting. A really good friend of mine whom I had lost contact with many many years ago. Like were talking pre-lisa days popped up and said hi! And my blog is to thank for it. I have to say my primary motivation for starting this thing was the hopes of connecting with friends I had lost touch with and so far it has worked twice for that purpose and I have not even had this site up for 6 months so thats just more motivation for me to keep posting my random musings on work and life! SO who is the mystery Friend??? A guy by the name of Payton Gauldin. We chatted for a bit and I come to find out he is a comic book letterer and graphic artist you can check out his work here. SO that was really cool and neat. I have Payton to thank for getting me into Video games. He was the only kid I knew growing up who had a home console and he always had the latest and greatest consoles with the hottest games! He got me hooked on Gameboy and was the reason I got my first one. He also gave me and my brothers all of his old atari consoles and games which he probably wishes he hadnt done now and which I wish we had the forsight not to get rid of. SO go check out his sight and see the stuff he has done. It sounds like hes working on some pretty hot comics right now and some cool upcoming projects!

Ok now I have the pleasure of doing something that well, Probably isnt that significant to most people but I think its pretty cool. I would like to introduce cyber space to Jenny Wright.


She is the daughter of some really good Friends of ours Chris and Kerry Wright. Jenny is their first and a really sweet baby. We got to hang out with them for a week while they were hurricane refugees a few weeks back. There was lots of Xbox playing (D&D Heroes) and very little crying on anyones part and we had a really good time with them. Heres a shot of Jenny with her proud parents.


Kerry is a cool tempered level 18 Dwarf Cleric, while Chris is a level 19 Human Warrior who mostly resembles the incredible hulk in terms of sounds made and level of inteligence. Im guessing that in a few years Jenny will join the scene as a elven rogue but perhaps she will make a fine wizard yet. In any event she will have to watch out for her mom's #1 treasure stealing trick, otherwise known as burst of speed! So a long overdoo congrats to the two of you and we really did have a lot of fun getting to know Jenny.

Misc. updates

I feel old b/c my back is sore from playing close to 9 holes of golf yesterday. Yes Luke and I finaly made it out on the links (ok thats a huge stretch) yesterday and wow I play as bad as I remember. Our scores were really awesome had we been playing a regulation size course and not a par 3 course but hey those are small details. What matters is we left with the same # of balls we came with and that is important on so many levels. ^_^

Well its friday and almost 1pm. I have 3 hours of work till the weekend and then its rest time. Or finish house project time. probably the later. SO I will talk to you all later

Oh I talked to the director about my computer. He said to spec one out for his approval and i turned it into him. heres what I picked

intel pentium D @2.8ghz DUAL CORE BABY!!!!
80 gig SATA drive @7200 RPM
Gig ethernet
Dual 17" flat tube crts
1 freaking big Gig of RAM

I have yet to get the ok but im getting my hopes up! I will let you guys know if I get to order it or not.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, I was thrilled to see Payton's work. Now I have more pleasant associations with that name. The Lord works in mysterious ways!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words Chris, I appreciate it. It was a pleasure speaking to you yesterday and it brought back so many memories.

I was so nervous about contacting you after so amny years. Would you say hi back? Would you want to reopen a dialog? Your friendly response back proved that great friends are forever.

You, your brothers and your mom and dad were true blessings to my parents and myself back in Lynchburg. Your dad was responsable for shaping the way that I look at life and God. I will forever been in his debt.

After moving to Raleigh, life threw us so many challenges. Just one after another with no relief. The result was friendships in Lynchburg were lost. With much regret.

While going through such, challenges you find yourself asking God "why?". Why me and my family? After going through all that we did, I found my answer. Sometimes God uses these hard times to toughen you up. To make you strong. This was very evident on Sept 8, 2001 when my dad had a massive stroke. He's doing much better now and I see where those terrible times had prepared us for helping my dad pull trough.

I look forwad to getting to know you better through IMs, emails, phone calls and your blog. I am very thankful that I happen to discover this blog while looking for OPC podcasts. I may not have fond what I was originally looking for but I found something that was far more valuable.

Take car rent-a-brother.