Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Im as confused as the rest of you???


Yeah so I have not posted in a bit but mostly b/c I have not had much to say. But at the risk of the blog becoming stale and old and not worth checking I am posting for the sake of posting!!! SO whats up with me since last I posted. Well like I said earlier not much. I guess I will do my patented bulleted list that everyone hates so much so that I can address things that I have been doing.

Motor Bike -- Chopped the fender off! I need to do some sanding but it already looks a lot better. I think I took like 8" off of it. Now I just need to get a small clear light for the rear - mount the leds - and put it all back together. I should be done with it before hmmm X-mas?

My Car -- Yeah I know its like wow no posts about the VW in like a month. Well Its running really well but somebody in the wonderfull downtown area of dayton thought it would be funny to kick in one of my turn signals. SO that sucks and I have to now buy a new one. Its like 35 bucks plus a bulb which is not bad but still very annoying.

House Stuff -- I am trying to be a better hubby and complete stuff around the house. I am great at getting stuff say 90% complete but that last 10% just never seems to happen. SO im going around and trying to finish stuff. On monday I reset our mailbox. WOW monday was really hot and yeah first I had to pull the mailbox out of the ground which was not that hard since it was not placed well at all. Then I had to dig a new hole about 2-3' deep with a post hole digger. That was not fun at all. But hey I got it done and set and now it is not hanging towards the street at a funky angle. Its actually straight! Then tuesday I filled in the old hole and cleaned up the mailbox from all the dirt I got on it. Tonight I am going to finish the wiring for my invisible puppy fence! And to answer your question NO the fun never stops at the Knodel place!

Games -- Have not had much time to play but have managed to get to basically the end of the FF-X. I am at the critical junction for most players of Final Fantasy. Last night I kicked the snot out of Yunalesca and now im going to get the airship. Once I get the airship I will be at that point in the game where I can either go and beat the shizzle out of Sin. ORRRR I can go back and fight stuff and level up more and complete quests that I did not do and what not. Right now im at 45 hours of game time and I am halfway through my guide book. the other half is stuff I could do now that I have the airship. SO im torn. Do I try to take on Sin now. finish the game and move on to X-2 or do I try to hang out in Spira a little more? Let me know what you think.

Music -- Ok I if anyone is still reading I keep hearing about podcasts and I was like ok fine I will give it a shot. I downloaded my first podcast yesterday and have been listening to it today. I was kind of dissapointed in the selection of podcasts. It keeps being touted as radio on the go and what not. But it seems more like talk radio or people just being weird. For example I typed in trance for my search term and I got 4 podcasts that came up. Only one of them was music. Thats the one I downloaded and its not even trance! It really a mix of trance, electronica, and IDM. Which is cool but its not quite what I was thinking it would be. However the DJ did play aphex twin and Bjork back to back and well I have not listened to either of them in a long time and since I am one of the 5 people in the world who like Bjork and Aphex Twin enough to have bought CD's (yes multiple of each) I think its time break those out again and give a listen. Right now I want to hear "come to daddy" by Aphex Twin and "Human Behavior" by Bjork If you have never heard Either of them well Bjork is one crazy Icelandic chick who is like the god-mother of modern techno and Aphex Twin. Well That cat is crazy if you are willing to open your mind to what you think you define music as and give something a chance then you can listen to Aphex Twin. If you cant then dont even bother asking me to hear it because you will not like it.

Well I think I've droned on long enough and will call it quits for today.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Beeps is looking good.

Anonymous said...

"Come to Daddy" is an awesome song. But definitely something that most people wouldn't like. Man, I haven't heard that song in FOREVER. I guess I'm off to Limewire to find it...

Anonymous said...

I am one of the 5 people in the world who like Bjork and Aphex Twin enough to have bought CD's
Uhm... Maybe Ohio, but out in the rest of the world you're hard pressed to find someone who doesn't like both or either. (Though, Momoko has more of an affinity towards Björk than AFX, just because Chris Cunningham's "Come to Daddy" video is probably the creepiest.thing.evar. for her.)

Bjork is one crazy Icelandic chick who is like the god-mother of modern techno and Aphex Twin.
Just for the sake of being a jerk, Björk isn't the god-mother of techno because she doesn't doesn't really produce her music. She gets other people to do it for her. Nelle Hooper, 808 State (real pioneers in electronic music and techno - remember Cubik?), Metamatics, and I think even Mark Bell from LFO have produced her LP's to date. There are a slew of others, of course, but going to any live show of hers (or for that matter, reading the line notes in one of your CD's) can let you know with whom she has collaborated.

Anyway, if you want to listen to good startes of "techno", get yourself a copy of Kraftwerk's Komputerliebe, and wonder why it took so long for their track Nummeren to become - essentially - the very core of electro. Hell, even Cabaret Voltaire did some good techno, long before Björk left the Sugarcubes.

But back to the elfkin...

Like many famous artists, she is a voice. A good voice (if a bit limited in range and style), but just that. She is just lucky enough to have good taste in selecting some premo musicians to make tunes for her to sing to and then have her name plastered all over the place.

I am mostly bringing it up because it is a shame that the producers are so often overlooked. Is it because I am a producer? Perhaps. But I find it sad that people mostly only remember the name of the vocalist in a band, or maybe sometimes the lead guitarist. I mean, without looking it up, do you know the name of the drummer for the Rolling Stones? How about the bassist from The Killing Joke (who wrote one of the most famed bass-lines of all time which was later appropriated by Mr. Cobaine in their first big hit), or the man behind the first Gorillaz album? True, their are exceptions, like Dr. Dre (producer), Ringo (The Beatles), but they are the exceptions to the norm, and I find that sad. (By the way, Dan "The Automator" Nakamura did the first Gorillaz album - which is why it rocks. And Danger Mouse did the more recent LP, which is why it sucks.)

I detect a mini-rant in an upcoming blog entry on my views regarding the hoi polloi's view on music.

Anonymous said...

Who is Mr. Beeps?