Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Its stinky, tastes like crap and can be used in Construction. You know what it is!


Ok I want to rant about something real quick and that is Spam. Ok everyone hates spam and everyone complains about spam. Computer networks spend millions a year on trying to find ways to combat spam and stop it from getting through. I hate spam just as much as the next user and I have felt it in all its current deviants. E-mail spam, blog spam, AIM spam. you name it and I have been spammed. However for the most part this does not bother me. Its an annoyance I know but its just a tiny bit of digital information that comes through the line and within a click its gone. If you have used a computer for any length of time you should be able to quickly sift through the spam and delete it most of the time all in one or two clicks. SO yeah it sucks and yeah its annoying but is it really that bad compared to what else is out there? What am I talking about??? Junk mail -- the original spam. Why is it that are willing to pass laws banning spam but its legal for someone to send me unsolicited blank checks WITH MY NAME ON THEM! I would say on average I get more junk mail then junk e-mail in a given day and that disgusts me b/c junk mail wastes actual physical resources!!! It takes up real space people. It boggs down the mail, I then have to open it. evaluate the legitimacy of it then I have to in most cases shred the little bastard so that no one else can use it to steal my identity or take a several thousand dollar loan out in my name! And this is legal and not being fought! Whats wrong with people and why if it comes in our real mailboxes is it ok? Plus think of all the trash this generates! Oits! Their is one really good Seinfeld where Krammer goes to the post office and tells them he wants to be cut off. No more mail. Its a very funny episode portraying the post master general as a sort of "god father" of the postal system. SO anyway thats where I think the real problem is. No im not some liberal hippy tree hugger who likes to dance in fields or anythign like that. I just think its wrong that someone can send me checks that I never asked for as well as lots of other things that waste natural resources.

SO anyway. thats what i think.

cheers

5 comments:

Payton said...

You get more mail spam than email spam? Wish I was that lucky. I turn my head and I have dozens in my inbox. To curb it, I have started using "throw away" email addresses.

Anonymous said...

"Krammer"???? Simple misspelling or Freudian slip? Kram the Spam?

Anonymous said...

Go to the Post Office and tell them you want your address to be a "no rent" address. Perhaps the terminology has changed, but that is what I did in the last three places I lived in the US, and it kept me from getting the bulk of junk mail which I saw stuffed in my neighbours mailboxes.

Fortunately, we don't get too much junk mail in Japan. (It's usually confined to internet service and soapland flyers. Don't know what soaplands are, try Google.) But unfortunately, they don't have any laws in place to stop that, or noise ordinances, for that matter. People drive down the road in residential areas yelling crap and playing music through loud-soeakers all the time. And sometimes they even park near where an apartment building is and just blare whatever music / messages they want, with no fear of legal reprisal.

Anonymous said...

Thing that bugs me the most is pop ups, seeing as how I really don't have to deal with the junk mail yet.

Payton said...

Are you etting spam too?