Tuesday, October 11, 2005

3-day weekend wrap up!

Ok I actually did some cool stuff this weekend so I thought I would post up about it.

Friday -- Was supposed to go climbing with luke but well lets just say I think somone keeps straightening her hair despite the fact that I told her I would take her climbing so we scrubbed climbing for that day and rescheduled for monday. Sigh I really didnt want to go to work but it was only slightly miserable. ^_^ J/K anyway so on my way home I stopped at borders and got my sweetie a book on PR strategies and what not to help her with her new job. why you ask? Just because and thats the only reason I need! Ok so I was almost home and then I remembered that I was supposed to run another errand. SO I got home finally at like quarter past 5 and ran and changed clothes and got ready to leave again. Where were we going???? why to the little miami football game thats where! Yup part of lisa's job is schmoozing it up with the pipples so we went early so she could talk with some people and hand out some Pro School literature. Ok I was all up for this and thought it would be fun. That is until it was like dark, 50 degrees, and raining. IT was sooooooooooooooooo cold but we managed and GO me I actually had 2 jackets in my car which was really good b/c we did not think it was going to be that cold out. SO we watched a little of the game and we bought SPIRIT WAREZ!!!!! I got a sweatshirt and lisa got this nice jacket so we are ready for any and all Little Miamit events now. SO that was cool and afterward we went with an old co-worker of Lisa's to this little eatery called wild bills in Lebanon. I had one of the best burgers I have ever had and was very very happy with it. SO that was friday

Saturday -- Slept in which was divine! And just kinda bummed around a bit in the morning and played some more .hack . I have to say I still dont care much for it but im at least goign to try and finish it. Then I went to my follow up eye doctor appointment at wal-mart. I know who in their right mind goes to wal-mart for contacts. I do thats who. I used to go to this pretentious snobby place in Oakwood and my Eye Doctor used to be Park Studebaker. Yeah I used your name and you work in the Oakwood Eye Clinic and despite the fact that your staff are nice your selection of glasses suck and your sir are quite the jerk to your patients. Hence the reason I will never go back to you or your establishment despite the fact that it was terribly convienant for me. SO to you I say good day! SO anyway why is walmart cool?? B/c the eye doc actually listened to me and then tried something new each time. SO in short I went through about 5 different sizes / styles of contacts till I got the ones that fit me really really well. Versus Park who said "these work for everyone else I guess maybe your different but I cant see how" what a tool. Anyway SO my past contacts experiance have been psuedo comfortable 1-2 hours. then hours 3-4 are bearable and hours 5-6 are flat out painfull. But with the final pair that walmart got me I left them in for about 25 hours and yes slept in them and was fine. I was feeling a little discomfort around hour 23 but to me thats pretty darn good compared to what I have been. After that I came home and we met Sue to go and see the new wallace and grommit movie. It was awesome. If you like wallace and gromit or chicken run then you will love this movie. Their are soooo many bunnies and I swear they are all cuter then the last bunny. Gromit delivers yet another Oscar winning performance which is truly remarkable as he has zero lines in the movie. He doesnt even bark! Hes just that good. SO its worth a watch if you like claymation and dry brittish humor which I do. After that went home and just did the chill thing.

Sunday -- was pretty normal except Sue is really sick so we didnt go over for lunch - I hope you feel better soon - and we played lots of the wallace and gromit video game that I just picked up. I think its called project zoo and apart from a totally WONKY camera and some at times difficult controls its a lot of fun.

Monday -- Despite the bad omen of rain and overcast Skies Luke and I still went climbing. It wasa a lot of fun and we got to hit three different sites successfully and the 4 one we tried was just really poorly rated and very difficult. neigther of us made it up. But oh well 3 outta 4 aint bad. Luke took some "Sam Fisher" pics so if he sends me those I will post em up. After that we came back and went to a movie with my sweetie. We went and saw "the cave" per lukes suggestion and it was ok. I hear steve hates it and I think thats a bit harsh although I think the movie should be renamed "When stupid people do dumb things" but that could be the title to most any scary/suspence movie. SO it was not bad. Then we ate dinner at max and ermas and that was really really good as well. SO that pretty much sums up my weekend which was pretty nice.

But alas now I am back to reality and working my butt off at the office so whenever you pass a computer think of me!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad your weekend went well. Mine kept going downhill - I am still sick. Called off classes yesterday - good idea. Did classes today - bad idea. Hope you guys don't get sick!

Anonymous said...

ow

Anonymous said...

lol that's funny about walmart being better than an actual eye doctor...place...thing. yeah. I still hat walmart sorry, but glad they treated you right when it came to contacts.

Also you are tough to finish a game you don't like. I rarely can do that. If I like a game even a little bit, I'll finish it. But if there is nothing going.... to gamestop with it!

I want to go rock climbing sometime with you guys. Sometime when I don't have boy scouts or class or something. which means probably never. The cave sucked.