Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Sept 5th part 1

Ok i am now in columbus for another day or so and I do have my laptop with me and net access in my room but I have like 15 min till my next session here so to kill time I thought I would try to get something about the next day up and then maybe finish it off tonight. SO here we go!

Got up on monday morning and both lisa and I were feeling pretty good. We went to disney on monday and decided to try and maximize our time their by getting to the parks when they first opened. Lisa has never been to animal kingdom so thats where we started. WE got their a little before 9am parked and started making out way in. Two things that are worth noting. The first is that Paul has a friend at a disney store who hooked us up with 1 day park hopper passes!!!! thats like a around I forget like $150-180 in ticket costs that we got for free. SO our trip to disney cost us a whopping 8 dollars. Quite the bargain. The second uber cool thing was that well ok let me digress for a second. I think segweys are pretty cool and if you dont know what one is well crawl out from under the rock your sitting under and google it. They are sweet, however I have never seen one in person. Well guess what disney is using for parking lot management now???? If you guessed segway your right. If you guessed something else then you know me really well and know that I can go off on tangents that have absolutely nothing to do with what I am talking about. ASIMO ROCKS!!! Anyway so I got to see a bunch of people zoooming around on segways and that was sweet. SO we got checked in at animal kingdom and first up we rode the new Dinosaur ride which was pretty cool. Pretty much every disney ride has to have a story and the story for it was pretty funny. Next up was, in my mind the best ride of that park, Its tough to be a bug. Ok I guess its more of a show but its a 3d show featuring Flick from a bugs life and other bugs. It was by far the cutest thing we saw and had the best story of anything. 3d stink bug effects with smell is awesome and gross all at the same time! After that we went on the safari ride which was really really cool. We got to see lions and tigers and bears oh my! Well ok no tigers or bears but their were giraffs and hippos and rhino's and lots of other cool stuff. Side not we were sitting next to a japanese couple that were on their honeymoon. Probably lisa and my age and guess what. I was darker then both of them! WOOT for easily tanning! SO at that point we had done all we wanted to do their and we were just at about 10:45am so we were right on schedule. The weather was awesome and the parks were really empty. Longest wait we had was 45 the whole day and on average our waits were 15 min or less so that helped us to be able to hop parks and get a lot in. Well I got 5 min so im going to jet but look for part 2 later today.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I not only know what a Segway is, I know what a "segue" (pronounced "Seg-way")is. Do you? Aha! I thought as much!

And for anyone who wants to know about Disney and Segways, go to:
http://www.segway.com/aboutus/press_releases/pr_060805.html

Anonymous said...

Two of my favorite events at Disney were the country bear jamborie, and the Presidents, wax figures that is.