Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A quick update

Its really funny to me how Lisa and I both work in education related fields but our hectic times seem to be opposite of one another. SO what I'm saying is that right now she is feeling relief from a hard work load and my work load is quickly ramping up. Hence the absence of mindless musings on my site. ^_^ I think I'm just going to try to outline things in bullet type format so that I don't miss anything. Ok here goes

Work -- WOW this is going to be a terribly crazy summer and we have lots of very important and critical projects going on that I barely have the time for. I am really trying hard to get Luke onboard over here so that I can have some time freed up from the mundane password changes or all the chicken littles who call claiming the internet is down.

Side note -- the joke between me and our last intern was that since the whole concept of the internet was to be a method of communication able to survive nuclear war, theoretically if the internet was down we must be in the fall out of a post apocalyptic nightmare and we should all run around screaming!

SO anyway those types of calls can take anywhere from 2-20 min and really make it hard to stay focused on a complex task. SO I'm very hopeful that something comes out of my efforts.

Working out -- I am again trying to get off my lazy butt and get into the Y consistently. SO far so good. I really think If I can stick with this that I will be much happier for it. My current schedule is cardio on mon, wed, thur and weights on tues, thurs, then sat is kinda free day but should be cardio of some kind and Sunday is my rest day.

Life in general -- Life in general continues to be a constant struggle and remains to be very difficult. Lisa and I were talking the other day and we think this could be one of the hardest times in our lives. SO prayer is really appreciated. (Thanks guys!) Of course the upside is that things should get better and that is my hope.

Motorcycle -- ARGGGGGGGG another constant frustration in my life. I still have not received the part to fix my bike. I did however get a battery and put it in on Monday with plans of riding it home. But thanks to Sara it poured down rain. STOP STRAIGHTENING YOUR HAIR SARA! ^_^ Then last night Lisa and I were going to stop by the house after her Violin lesson to get the bike and drive it back. But oh wait guess who forgot his key...D'OH! I really hope my upper cowl comes in today and that it is finally the right one. This will be the third time I have gotten this part. Honda is a great company but their microfiche is full of typos on part #s

Gaming:
PS2 -- I picked up Champions of Norath (CoN) for the PS2 and Lisa and I have been playing that a lot. We really like the hack and / dungeon crawlers and that's what this is. I will probably make a post when we finish it so I wont say much now other than its fun. I still have not finished FFX. And now that I have FFX-2 and .hack I really want to finish it and see what happens and move on to X-2. But its a time thing.
Xbox -- Still working on metal arms. I am stuck in an area that is rather difficult and I don't know where I am supposed to go next. SO I guess I need to check a guide or faq.
GBA -- yeah I own one but have not had time for it. However Steven was awesome and loaned me Super Mario Bros. 3!!!! I never got to play this growing up. I played 1 and 2 and then all things Mario stopped for me when the kid who owned a Nintendo moved out of my neighborhood. SO I started that last night at the violin lesson and got through the first world. WOOT!!!

anyway I gotta get to work
Cheers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that work will be so hectic for you. I don't even work in the summer, but this is both a blessing and a curse: more Leisure time, but less money! Hang in there - you only have about 40 years until retirement! Or death........ whichever comes first.

Anonymous said...

ok at first, i was totally down with this whole bullet blog thing, but once i FINALLY (jk jk) reached the end i ended up liking it.

--Luke

Ruki said...

Yeah I often think that im going to write up something quick and then I get to the end and Im like Crap thats long. Oh well. ^_^