Thursday, June 16, 2005

Hocking Hills Pics!!!!

Ok I know I promised these like a month ago or so but it has taken a long time to get them off the camera and blah blah blah. Anyway we had a really great time and I highly recommend visiting the hocking hills area if you never have. Its really pretty and a lot of fun. SO on to the pics.

Photos by Lisa N. Knodel (except when she's in the pic. Then it was probably me.)


Lisa at Cedar Falls


Cedar Falls -- Interesting side note. These falls were named after the trees that the first settlers thought were all around the falls. Little did they know but they were WRONG! There are no cedar trees anywhere in the area. They were just that dumb. C'mon wouldn't you check with someone first before you name a place after a tree???


Me and Lis at Cedar Falls


Cedar Falls -- side note -- of all the three falls that we visited Cedar Falls is the highest volume-of-water fall in the area.


Cedar Falls


Cedar Falls


Me (notice how aerodynamic my head is!) No Seriously there was like a storm brewing and like 200 MPH winds. If I had hair it would have been blowing everywhere so WOOT for baldness!


Ash Cave -- Named after the large amount of ashes early settlers found in the cave, which incidentally isn't really a cave. Its good these things were discovered long ago and not today. I don't imagine that trash cave or medical supply waste cave would bring in the tourists.


Ash Cave Falls


Ash Cave -- Side note -- Despite not really being a cave the falls at Ash Cave are the highest in the area at roughly 200' which is pretty freaking awesome. And you can walk right up to it at the base. If I had hair and a bottle of Herbal Essence Shampoo I would have so Gotten my commercial on!


Ash Cave


Old Mans Cave Lower Falls -- This was one of the cooler areas. The lower Falls are really spectacular and if you are adventurous you can go behind them.


Me and My Sweetie -- Ok This has got to be my favorite pic of the bunch. Lisa and me at the upper falls.


Old Mans Cave Upper Falls


Old Mans Cave upper falls -- This is what feeds into the upper falls. Very Cool!


Old Mans Cave Upper Falls on the rocks! -- Ok Lisa wanted a good pic through the bridge out so we both got our feet a little wet in the name of photography and walked out onto the creek bed you see in the pic above. I was mostly there to make sure Lisa didn't go Niagara on those falls!


Old Mans Cave Foggy -- I like this pic a lot. It was super foggy that day and I just love the way the haze of the fog kinda flows around the pic.


Old Mans Cave -- here's another cool Fog effect pic.

Well that's it.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very purdy...

Anonymous said...

.... agreement.

Pretty enough to inspire me to make my own visit.

And i do have hair... lots of it, but i won't bring the shampoo there. Probably bad for whatever may live in the lake!

Anonymous said...

So.. no cedars and no ashes. Were there any old men in the cave?