Tuesday, March 07, 2006

More adventures

Well their has come a point in my life where I have realized WOW when I have kids they are going to love me b/c I will try and in most cases succeed at fixing anything. I would say one of my strenghts as a person is spelling. HAH gotcha you thought I was serious oh man to see the look on your face! It was priceless. NE way seriously though I really am good at problem solving and figuring out solutions to problems as they present themselves. This is one thing that made me a fanstastic bicycle mechanic and which helps me as a net engineer. However I rarely get to use a hammer to solve a network issue and in the world of bicycle maintinence in salty florida a hammer is your best friend. SUBMIT SUBMIT!!!! sorry. again to get back on track I was just thinking about the work I am doing on my bike and how many people have no clue how to do that and then I was thinking about the fact that I am going to attempt my own Ipod repair. The drive has been ordered and I intend to crack the case on my ipod and replace the drive. Most sane people wouldnt even consider the thought of doing that yet I feel I have a roughly 95% chance of success in this repair. I guess im either really good or really stupid. I guess its just kind of weird as you get older to look at the skillsets you have and how broad they may or may not have become. SO that was my introspective moment for the day! woot.

Training update. I have litterally gone insane in that I now think its a good idea to wake up between 6-6:10am instead of 6:50 so that I have time to swim in the morning before work. Why would I want to do this??? B/c it will free up my afternoon workout to be better split between cardio and weights. I have seriously lost my grip on reality. In short training is going well. I need to get my bike done. I need to spend time in the saddle and not on a excersize bike but the real thing. I need to get my aero tuck down and efficiant. At least its not a long race so I can stand being uncomfortable for 30 min if it makes me go faster.

Now if you have been paying attention at all you will notice I have not mentioned anything about the run. I have been running a lot over the winter and I am really worried about the run. I feel its my weakest segment of this tri and I still have a really bad taste in my mouth about running and over training in running. SO I have to balance my fear of injury with the reality that I need to spend some time actually running not just on an elliptical machine but time on the track.

Game update:
Lisa and I are still working on finishing xenosaga. We beat the game a long time ago but now we are trying to finish the game. SO what we are working on right now is stealing a rare item from the final boss (when you beat the game you get to go back to the point right before you beat the boss and save). we need to do it about 14 more times in order to complete a certain quest. SO that kinda sucks and takes about a 1/2 hour each time. The good side is we are getting really good at it so hopefully as our characters level and what not it will go faster.

I cant wait for Elder scrolls Oblivion! That game is going to be so awesome!!!

Aside from that I have more games to play than time to play them so it should be a good summer even though thats a usual drought in games.

Well thats all for now.
Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were the one who managed to get the first screw out of the gamecube when I opened it up to correct the lens! lol

Payton said...

SPAM!!

Anonymous said...

who the heck does that spam think it is!