Friday, March 31, 2006

1 week to go

Well its one week to go and I am not feeling as good about things with the Tri as I had hoped I would be at this point. SO I think my focus is shifting a little bit although im having problems getting my mind around the concept of "just doing it for fun and not caring about time" that just does not work for me. I mean I enjoy doing this type of thing but not really while its happening. Its like 5 min before the start or even the night before I feel like an idiot and resolve to not sign up for anything else again. Then as soon as I cross the line its like whens the next one. SO who knows. although I think I am going to still keep my original goal of 1 hour 20 min im becoming less confident that I can hit that. Here are my primary concerns

1. really bad swim workout today - just couldnt get breath cycle down - 400M felt really hard today.

2. I still have not ridden my bike more than just around the block. (this is really bad)

3. I never thought I was going to do anything sparktekular in the run to begin with and now its shaping up to be my strongest leg of the event. This does not make me happy since I anticipated it being my weakest section and I dont feel that I have made big improvements in the run.

4. transistions. WOW still have not practiced this but I need to.

I originally thought I would do a longer brick tommorow like a 10 mile bike and a 3 mile run. Now with the swim feeling worse im thinking I will bike to the Y (7miles) swim (8-1000M) then bike back (7 miles) That should be a pretty good workout if I can make it. Mostly dependant on the weather.

Wish me luck!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I can't wish you luck since we're Presbyterian; I'll have to wish you providence. ^_^ I hope the weather and your asthma cooperate.

Anonymous said...

somewhere out there, I hear Survivor singing their heart out

Ruki said...

radar -- actually this might surprise you but in competitive endurance events the 30-35 age group is one the fastest and most competive groups out their and I am really glad I am not in it yet. Im currently 28 and dreading turning 30 and being put into the group with the fast boys. I would love to go back to being 22 as that age group is filled with inexperianced athletes who make tons of mistakes and dont think they need to train. Most of them are pretty slow compared to the guys im up against!