Friday, March 03, 2006

Its not about the bike

Ok kudos to anyone who can figure out where my title came from!

Anyway as the title says this post is not the promised upgrading the bike post as I have yet to recieve any of the goodies I ordered earlier in the week but I am hopefull that when I get home tonight there will be a nice box from nashbar and then my new adventure will begin. SO since im not talking about that heres a quick rundown of what I have done training wise this week:

Mon.
1.Swam 100, 400, 100
2. workedout with lisa did some lifting to help repair those muscles and then did maybe 20 min of cardio

Tues.
30 min on the bike followed directly by 5 min cool down on the tread mill. This was my first mini-brick and im glad I am doing them

Wed.
35 min on the elliptical machine. It was a great workout

Thurs.
1. Swim 100, 400, 100 I timed my 400 and was shocked at my time 8 min 50 seconds!!!!!!! This kills my 16 min projected time and I know feel good about doing the swim in under 10 min since my second time out I beat it by over a minute! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!

2. Out with lisa again. Lifted and did around 25 min of cardio between the treadmill and the ellip.

Fri.
30 on the bike and another 5min on the tread mill makes brick #2 I think this is going to be awesome for my transisitons and I might even write into a tri mag offering it as a tip because its so easy to do.

SO thats how training is going. I really feel great and I feel like im really doing things smart for a change. Most of what I am doing is zero impact on my body so besides some sore muscles which really are not that bad im virtually in no discomfort at all which is a really nice change for me.

Game updates:
Elder scrolls 4 has gone gold and will be in my hands on march 21st!!!!!!!!!! Im sooo excited I cant wait.

Other than that things are going. I have had a crazy day and a crazy week at work and the only reason I am writting this now is becuase I really do need a break and a chance for my mind to recover from the "chicken with its head cut off" state that I have been in this morning. SO thats about it for me for now.

Cheers!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not about the bike - Lance Armstrong book title, right? Do I get kudos or mad props?

Anonymous said...

Well, Chris, I just read "ernest richard's" comments. I guess there are many stalkers out there in cyber land.

Anonymous said...

Or perhaps just one who likes to have many different names. I think, though, the one he uses on your site is the least imaginative.

So perhaps his name is Legion.

Anonymous said...

Actually, Jason, ernest richard is someone you used to know quite well.

And Chris, I'm still waiting for my kudos. So far I am kudoless.

Anonymous said...

No Jason, my name is legend; and I still maintain I'm not a stalker nor a germ. I just want you and your dad to stop critizing me; I'm only a human nut like most people.
Chris: damn, you're quite the athlete, good for the soul!

Ruki said...

Sue -- kudos to you for picking up on the armstrong reference.

Anonymous said...

Now that I have my kudos both from Chris and radar, I can die happy.

Anonymous said...

You know, Gary's comment here reminds me when Bugs Bunny was with the mobsetrs and they told him to shut up. He kept saying "I'm shuttin' up. I know how to stop talking when people tell me to stop talking. I can be reeeeeeeeeal quiet when I need to be. Yeah, if there is one thing I know how to do, it's shut up when I'm told to shut up."