Thursday, October 19, 2006

PROGRESS!!!!! - like oh my gosh!

Yeah so I'm like totally fighting acting like a little kid on x-mas morning but its like sooo super cool. Work on the house started this week and wow are they moving fast. SO whats like happened. Well they came on tuesday and did a bit of prep and remounted the vanity in the downstairs bath so its now a fully functional bath again! And their is running water downstairs!!!! Wed. Saw the arrival of our cabinets (actually they came in on tuesday and they picked them up late tuesday afternoon) at our house!!!! Most of them were put into place but not really mounted. SO what did I walk into today????

Can you say some floor!!!!


This shot is from the back door towards the front. They laid almost all the living room floor today! Im so buzzing!



This shot is from the front door back. Basically the same as the last shot just from the other side of the room.


Heres my kitchen. Still a bit of work to be done but they are jamming on the floor right now and then are going to finish the small details of the cabinets and make sure they work all nice and spiff.


Heres a shot from the garage door out to the living room. Its like wow it almost looks done. Notice none of the kick plates are in and the countertop is not actually anchored save for one or two screws.


Heres the other side of the kitchen. Still lots to be done but hey im so excited right now that stuff is getting done.


Ok yeah well I thought I would throw this last one in since some might wonder??? Hey Chris wheres all the stuff that is usually downstairs. Well here it is. My garage has been overrun for the past two months and I long for the day I get it back.

SO whats left to be done??? Well the floor has to be finished and they think they might be mostly done if not done with that by tommrow. I think they are a wee bit optimistic but they say they are coming at 7:30 and the only thing they are doing is the floor so who know!

Cabinets need to be finished and their are quite a few little details that need to be done with that. I think that will be a lot of little adjust this move that type of work.

clean up

Move back in!

Its conceivable that all the work will be done within the next week or by next weekend which makes me ohhhh soooo happy. Also I have made the appointment for the guy to come and measure for our new countertop so I will meet with him on tuesday and see how that goes. After that its supposedly 3 weeks till the countertop is in and then the house will again be done and put back together again.

SO w00t!!!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Gettin' there...

Anonymous said...

It's almost like getting a new house, sort of...