Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Big Fat Swollen Ankle

Yup thats right I suffered an Injury yesterday during a normal Lunch Time run. I was crossing a street and foolishly was looking out for cars and not so much for little acorns or whatever the heck it was that I hit. All i know is it was rather big and very round and when I landed on it my left ankle rolled quite severly and It hurt like the dickens. I almost fell but managed to keep myself up right and just took a second to catch my bearings. I looked down and it was already starting to swell so I knew that was not good. SO I got to walk the last mile of my 5 mile run back to the office where I promptly iced my ankle for about an hour. What I had not realized at the time was that I seem to have also pulled something in my knee as that is hurting quite a bit as well.

Hooray for physical fitness!

So im kinda bumming today as I had taken a pretty big amount of time off since the marathon and was going to hit it hard starting this week. Now those plans are a bit gone and im just trying to keep my weight off my ankle and knee and let it get all healed up! Oh well. Thats life.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your injury. What did the doctor say?

Anonymous said...

lok on the bright side....Masssive Gaming Time!! I hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Road obstacles FTW!

Anonymous said...

Is your ankle feeling better?