Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sup

Ok since some people have requested a new post here we go! Things have been pretty slow in that I feel like all im doing is working which is kinda blah since its so nice outside. SO what am I working on at work.

Web Caches. These things are on their last leg and need a lot of babying. Also our web filter which keeps all the kiddies from getting to pr0n is not working so well and needs some attention. On top of that I have a whole host of other things that needs to get done so there ya go. Although I have discovered something. If I plan to work on a big project one day guess what happens that day? A major outage or catastrophe and that keeps me from doing what I planned. However if I dont plan on doing anything the network stays pretty quiet. Are you getting my correlation? SO I have to tell you that most days I feel like if I dont plan on doing that much of anything im actually doing more for the network than if I were to plan on tackling a major project. Funny how life works.

SO whats up with training and races?

Well I had a race last week that I missed for a couple of reasons one being really crappy weather but I will do the next one I thinks in a month or so. Other than that the race calendar is very very quiet. 90% or races are on sunday so that rules out a large group of opportunities for me. There was an international / olympic distance tri that I wanted to do but its on the 27th of may and lisa and I are going up to michigan that weekend so that one is out which leaves only 1 other major race for the rest of the year. Its on july 15th and oh yeah did I mention that its a half ironman. Just in case you dont know what that means let me break it down for you

1.2 mile lake swim
56 miles on the bike
13.1 miles on the run course.

thats 70.3 miles covered in one event. I would be lying if I didnt say that scares the crap out of me. Thats so long and this race has time cut offs for each course so if you cant make it to the cut off you get yanked from the race. :( that would not be cool. The other drawback is that its really expensive. The entry fee alone is around $170.00 plus we would have to get a hotel room the night before so it would be a pricey event. SO I told lisa its up to her. If she says yes then I really really need to get my butt in gear and start working harder to make this happen. If she says no then I will just focus on some of these little races at wright patt and maybe some of the time trials there as well. SO we shall see. Oh had my first longer run of the year yesterday. 5.5 miles! Felt alright but got really dehydrated.

SO hows things at home? Well Since lisa has not been feeling well lately ive taken on the majority of the house work on top of what I already was doing. SO Saturday I spent all day on the yard mowing, raking, weeding, mulching, etc etc. SO im still sore from that. Last night she had a meeting so I worked on laundry and still have some left to put away. And tonight I will work on cleaning the house as it totally needs it.

Gaming life in Franklin -- Still finding some time to play. Lisa and I have been working through Champions and Dang thats a long game which is kinda rare for the hack and slash dungeon crawler. I really like this one and I like my character. Im a dark elf shadow night named aerylyn and I have this super cool spell that summons a skeleton warrior to help out in fights. We call him skully and he rocks. SO we have been playing that quite a bit. Other than that Im still working on oblivion and will be for a really long time. Almost done with thieves guild quest line which has been a lot of fun. However im currently getting spanked and think I may need to adjust the difficulty slider a bit to make this more fair. No im not a wuss but I cant handle 3-5 enchanted beasts and a high level wizard all at the same time. Its just too much.

SO thats whats up with that.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to send Champions back to me when you finish it... That and my GOW...