Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lets hear it for sound! Surround Style!

Ok well im not proud of this but I have been the owner of a surround sound home theater system for the better part of 2 years now. Well ok thats not what Im ashamed of, what im ashamed of is that fact that for one reason or another I have never been able to hook up the rear channel speakers so I have never had the joy of the "surround sound." That all changed last night as I hooked up the 3 rear speakers (no Im not confused my sytem is a 6.1 setup) as well as the optical input from the 360. SO now I have surround sound for my movies and for my 360!!!!!! Ok so I popped in Oblivion and WOW. My TV has pretty good speakers but this is just freaking cool! At one point I was standing outside in the rain (this is in game people) and I could hear rain drops all around me. IT was AWESOME!!!!! I cant wait to get into some better situations like caves where i will be able to tell where people are by the sounds they are making. SO in short captain obvious says "hey boys and girls surround sound kicks regular stereo sounds butt!"

Cheers!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! And let me cordially welcome you to 1998. ^_____^

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jason,I thought I was the one that was supposed to put the damper on people's enthusiasm. I think it's pretty cool, Chris.

Anonymous said...

Good job, Capt. Obvious. :)

Now, crank it up!!

Anonymous said...

Oh good. I'm going to have to come over and play Splinter Cell 3 sometime with that set up.

Anonymous said...

Chris,
From a man who can emphasize with hook up challenges, I give you a (sur)round of applauds!!

Love Uncle Pete

PS. Just think what the new Kid will sound like when It's voice is piped through the system. ;o)
Congratulations for You and Lisa I'm very happy for you both!!!

PSS. You'll have to forgive me for being such a non-communicative relative, but I do love you.

Anonymous said...

Chris,
It's supposed to be EMPATHIZE and APPLAUSE. That will teach me to write a note late at night!!

Un-cle Peet ;o)

Anonymous said...

Chris, forgive uncle pete!

Anonymous said...

...for he knows not what he says.

Anonymous said...

Post something new fool!

Anonymous said...

what the...?