Friday, May 05, 2006

All faith is now lost in humanity


Ok a few months ago I happened upon a trailer for a movie that at the time I thought was a spoof on the crappiness that is modern day hollywood. The name of the movie was of course "snakes on a plane" The trailer (watch it now) Just seemed to campy to me and the idea too ubsurd to be an actual movie and from the original site I found it on seemed like someone with some time on their hands and some vid editing software made a really campy trailer for a really out their movie starring Mr. Samuel L. Jackson. Much to my shagrin (yeah I said shagrin) i discovered this morning that its an actual movie and its actually coming out this august and it actually looks so bad that it might be worth watching. Here is the story. Mr Jackson is like an fbi agent or something like that transfering a guy to prison I think on this plane. Or the guy is a witness it doesnt really matter in any event the bad people of the world want this guy dead so their plot is to release like 100 deadly snakes on a plane (hence the movie title) and figure that the ensuing havoc will kill the mark as well as everyone else and any trace of their plot. WOW. dude lets all just say it for a second

deep breath

"snakes on a plane"

I just cant say it without laughing. SO anyway i have no faith in hollywood anymore, not that I really did to begin with but hey yeah thats my thoughts on snakes on a plane.

In Other movie news I have seen two movies recently that were rather good. first up was silent hill -- which up until the ending I absolutely loved and then the other was Final Fantasy VII: Advent children Which I also absolutely loved. These two movies can be summed up in two words:

FAN SERVICE!!!!

OK not the creepy hentai type of fan service but like "dude you people have been loyal to (insert franchise here) and even though we said we would never do anything like this here ya go enjoy!" If you have never played Silent Hill 1 or 2 then you can still really enjoy the movie but a lot of it just wont have the same kick for you as it did for lisa and me. As far as Final Fantasy 7 goes if you have never played the game then like I wouldnt bother watching the movie. Yes its that simple. Unless you are watching it simply to be wowed by the absolutely breathtaking and life like CG it will be a waste of time. Heres why. Their is little story development at all. Why you might ask???? Hmm maybe its b/c its the continuation of a game that already had a huge story to it and they figure that 90% of the people watching the movie would have played the game at least once through and know the story very well. I will give an example of why I think its a waste if you have not played the game. the movie is pretty long like 1.5 hours and in the last like 20 min we are treated to the whole gang from the original game as they rush in to help cloud in the final fight. However they dont try to tell you who any of these people are. Why? B/c they assume you already know. IF you were just watching the movie I think you would be really confused as to who all these new characters were and I dont even think they said their names at all. But I loved FF7 the game and loved the movie! Thanks Squenix!!!!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm....I was going to comment on "Snakes on a Plane", but now I am sidetracked by the spam comment I am reading. Which is worse - a stalker on your blog, or spam?

You owe it to your future - your future as the kind of person who puts phony college degrees in his resume

Now, back to your post. Do you suppose the movie is going to be campy? Because Samuel L. Jackson is an in-demand actor, it seems weird that he'd be in some piece o' crap movie - but you never know.