Wednesday, January 18, 2006

More on whats up

Well this post is going to be a little more umm I guess superficial as talk a little about what AZ has been like for me. Well first off It does not feel like I am in the dessert. It feels like im in some controlled and created disney reproduction of the dessert thats in say canada. I say this because its been pretty darn cold here and Im not just talking about at night b/c yes I realize the dessert is cold at night. Im talking about during the day when its getting up to the mid 50's. Not really dessert to me. SO anyway I think the scenery here is really pretty. If you know me then you know I adore mountains and the mountains here I think are really pretty. Also their is lots and lots of good rock around here which is driving me crazy. Im just feeling the itch to get my monkey skills on! ^_^ SO anyway I have gotten to go for one run so far here and It was a good 3.5-4 miler I think. It was really nice and came at the end of a day when I really really needed a run so that was cool. SO now I have run in the dessert. However luke I still kept my shirt on b/c it was that cold and it was during the sunset which was on one hand really pretty but on the other not conducive to tanning. SO I dont think you have to worry about that. We have been to a couple of the local eateries like taco bell / pizza hut (the greatest juxtiposition of a restuarant for me and lisa) and a local mexican place which every one seemed to think was really good. then last night we went to Tastee Freeze and got Ice Cream and I still need to go back and get a pic outside of it so that I can feel apart of that great john mellon cougar camp song. Well I think we are getting ready to shove off so just be in prayer for us the days are long and hard but they are really great at the same time. SO thats me signing off.

Cheers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curious: Are you guys on vacation? And yes, may Christ guide you home and your Guardian Angels get you there safely.

Payton said...

You're in my prayers buddy.

Anonymous said...

whats up with the phone system down there...

Payton said...

SPAM!!

Anonymous said...

Running in the dessert, huh? I guess that explains the bundt cake stuck to the bottom of your shoes.