Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy B-day to me

Well yesterday was my birthday and well I cant say it was the best one I have ever had it started out kinda rough but ended better so it was not all that bad. Luke and Steve came over and we played some 360 and some regular xbox (burnout is lots of fun) We also played a number of regular games like zonk, apples 2 apples, and scattegories. I managed to lose at everythign we played in true B-day spirit. However I didnt just lose in most cases I was annihilated, yes true oh my gosh you just got spanked by the ownage fashion. SO yes that was fun ^_^ Seriously it was I like playing games and whatnot and am not hung up on winning which is good since I tend to lose a lot. SO quick rundown

Burnout (no one really wins since we were co-op'ng crashes)

DOA 3 -- got spanked by Luke playing Brad Wong of all people. It was so embarassing especially since he was all "I totally suck at this game and have not played it in a few weeks" right before our match started. I think we played 3 - 2 round matches and I won 1 round. Yes 1 round, thats all.

Apples 2 Apples -- Ok I was not in last place but pretty far back. the object is to get like 10 cards. steven and lisa both had 9 and I cant rember which one Won. I had like 5 and luke had either 5 or 6 I think. SO at least someone else was down there with me

Zonk -- OMG spanked. Thats all im going to say. their was point in time where I thought I would not get any points before luke won and it was pretty close to that.

Scattegories -- did ok in this but didnt win.

SO games suck. J/K it was a lot of fun and I got burger king for lunch and Ci Ci's for dinner which was very very nice. Today my body is asking me why I abused it so much by shoving so many calories down my throat and I have no real good explanation cept it was my b-day and thats ok with me. SO what did I get for my b-day????

highlights:

A headset for my cell phone. Lisa got this for me and I have to say its probably one of the best gifts she's ever gotten me. It really choked me up. I know it sounds dumb but its something that I have wanted for a long time but never told her and its something gadgety which she usually shys away from unless I give a specific suggestion. I love the brand name of it (body glove) which means nothing to most of you but was HUGE in the late 80's early 90's and its still cool in my book. SO to me the gift rocks on so many levels b/c the thought put into it was HUGE and the gift scored HUGE as well. SO thanks so much sweetie you take good care of me. It was just really cool and it means a lot to me.

a new wallet. Ok my old wallet was basically a hand me down from a friend. It was new when he gave it to me but I rescued it from being trashed as he was packing for college. No it was not hideous my friend was just and idiot. It was a pretty nice black leather wallet that he got for like christmas or what not. Well after 10 years of service it was time to retire. SO my sweetie got me a sweet new one and I like it a lot. Again she just picked one out and scored big! you go girl!

Perfect dark Zero for x360. Thanks Sue now I have two 360 games and b/c of this steve is now fully on board to house sit for me in the next couple of weeks.

Sony earbuds. Ok I will put more of a write up of these later maybe after today when I get some good time with them. Anyone who has an ipod thinks those little buds are the bomb but if you read around it turns out they are pretty sucky and I have been very dissapointed in the lack of responsive bass that they output and since bass is a key and critical component of the music I listen to I consulted my personal audio engineer (my bro jason) for a suggestion of buds. He told me about a pair of sony's that he said rocked the free world and since I dont live in an oppresive communistic country I said SA WEET! SO thanks to Paul for scoring me the buds. I can not wait for my run today which I will leave for when I finish this post to try them out. Like I said a review will follow.

A big @$$ shot gun style reciprocating saw with blades that are like 8" long. Ok I have to tell you I have no idea what to use this thing for but it rocks. The only time I have ever seen one used was in the old 80's skateboard video "The search for animal chin" In it Tony Hawk and the rest of the Bones Brigade (yeah I have sk8ed forever) used a saw just like mine to cut the roof off a caddy and make it a convertible while they drove through the dessert. SO if anyone would like to have their car magically transformed into a convertible right before your eyes I can provide this service. If thats tooo extreme for ya I can also cut sun roof holes in cool designer shapes like a circle or a kidney bean. Or if you have a little sibling who is troubling you just threaten to have me come over and cut their bike in half and that should get them flying straight in no time.

SO thats the majority but I got other stuff too but this is getting long as it is. Biggest b-day surprise would have to be that headset for my phone but the second has got to be my b-day card from Grampa. It is probably the funniest b-day card I have ever gotten and its just awesome. I think I will have to hold on to it for a long time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great but...

Can you at least tell hose of us who are not in the know what was it that made the BD card from Grampa so funny?

Payton said...

Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday Chris. Happy birthday to you. I wish I could have been there. Happy B'day buddy.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I had 4 cards in apples to apples, if that helps any. And man, now you know never "mess with a drunk man when DEATH is on the line! ahahaha, ahahah, haha...*klunk*"

Anonymous said...

Happy B'day. The recip saw is kinda like a portable metal cutting band saw without the band, don't ya know.

Anonymous said...

So how old, or young are you now?
Thanks for letting me add comments. "You know my name," the beatles ...
Happy happy belated naked day!

Anonymous said...

Lisa won.
Thanks for having us, loads of fun. And yes as soon as I *ahem* clear it with my folks I'd be happy to keep an eye on your casa.

Anonymous said...

Dude! happy birthday!

As for the saw: take it from a hobbiest carpenter/handyman, if you do any kind of construction or remodeling projects, you'll find places to use that saw where having it will save you much time and effort. Melissa got me one for Xmas a few years ago. It made some otherwise impossible remodeling tasks easy as buzz, buzz, buzz.

Melisa pays a lot of attention to how the members of a couple speak to and about each other. I'm going to be sure to point out to her how respectful and affectionate your speech is whenever you talk about Lisa. I would have written 'Lassie' there, but you may not know that story :-), so you wouldnt' know that nickname isn't in any way intended as offensive.

I hope you two have a great year in ought-six.

Darren Baker said...

Happy B-day :)

Somebody I know can probably hook you up with Microsoft published titles at a good deal. As far as There are 3 titles, PDZ (which you have), Kameo, and Project Gotham Racing 3 at this time. I hear that 360 hardware can be had too ;)

Drop me a line if you need anything.