Friday, November 18, 2005

Xbox 360????Where are you?????



Ok so I have some news regarding the whole xbox 360 thing for anyone who cares. Sorry hannah but hey if your reading this you never e-mailed me so there. neway SO back a few weeks when Jason and Momo were here Jason dropped the bomb on me that he was going to cancel his 360 pre-order for what will remain undisclosed reasons. SO of course my first reaction was AH CRAP! there goes my chance to kick around on one for a week. But then my sweet lovely wife said well maybe you can get it. This came as what has to be stated as a total shock and so I said ok we can think about it. Well after a few weeks we talked about it last night and Lisa said it could be my X-mas / B-day present from her! SO WOOT im getting a 360! SO I was all excited and jazzed about that and then I got a phone call last night from Game Stop (which is where my pre-order is) which basically said. YO we aint getting nearly the # of 360's we thought we was gittin so dont expect to see one this x-mas and you might be waiting till the beggining of next year 'click' (ya see I added the click b/c it was a recording). SO I was like DOH! so I called my game stop today and asked for a more realistic status and heres what I got. I am #32 on the list of pre-orders. They originally thought they were going to be getting roughly 25 units a week up until x-mas. SO before they thought I was a 2nd week candidate. However they have been informed its going to be more like 10 units for my store at launch (DUDE!) and they have not been given any promises in terms of shipments after that. SO he said yeah I think we should be able to get yours in by x-mas but Its still hard to say. I basically got the feeling that this guy knew his store was getting 10 units and that anything outside of that, that shows up each week will be a super duper suprise. SO as it stands right now I will be getting one however who knows when that will be. Also some other circumstances are possibly popping up that might make the wifesky say uh no to the whole thing. SO I guess in the end I really didnt have anythign new to say but yet I said a lot. But I take that back. SO neway thats my "big" news. SO this brings up another question what to do with the ol xbox??? I still have a lot of games that I like to play on it and assuming that half will work on the 360 is that enough to keep the old one around? Also say all my games work thats cool but all my level saves and what not are still on my xbox and I dont think the memory cards are cross platform compatible. SO that brings up another problem in that like for example Kung Fu Chaos I worked my butt off to unlock everything in that game. Do I keep it and do that all over again or just say whatever and trade in all my xbox games and xbox. SO let me know what you guys think.

Cheers!

10 comments:

Payton said...

I sooooo hope that you do get one. You've got a good wife there and not just because she's getting you the 360.

I thought about the game saves issue last night. Maybe a third-party company will create an adapter or you could email Microsoft and tell them that you would like to be able to either connect the original and 360 together and transfer the saves or be able to email your new 360 the saves.

Wow! A 360 for Christmas. Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Comment #1. If this issue rises to the point that it is worth discussing, you are living a VERY GOOD life. Be grateful for it!

Comment #2. Go forward. Forget the old games you have already beaten. There are always more games that are calling out to be played than you are likely to have time for. Barring a solution, consider this like the 'cost' of going from a cassette player to a CD payer.

Payton said...

Going from cassette to CD was annoying at first but was so worth it.

Anonymous said...

Well, even if you have to wait for the game, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Also, here is an excerpt from you post: "They originally thought they were going to be getting roughly 25 units a week up until x-mas."
You said "unit." (Tee-hee-hee) ^_^

Anonymous said...

It's worse than that... he said: "units". So, it was some kind of group thing! I'm just SHOCKED!

By the by, it was great meeting you and Lisa. I hope that we have a chance to visit again.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. Especially seeing as how I didn't win mine. I would keep only the games that you've played through more than once as those will be the games you will have enjoyed the most. The rest, unless you could find a practical reason to keep them... trade em in for xbox 360 stuff!! I should point out that you currently have a Ps1 and Ps2. You should do the same with your Ps1. (lol actually you should do it for both!)

Anonymous said...

Keep the Xbox Sparky.....

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered getting an iPod? First of all, I need to go to Google to educate myself on what an XBox is. I got the 'games' part figured out anyway. Hey, maybe it's a game.
Interesting how your post combines games with having a great wife. Some women play games with their husbands, Lisa sounds real, I'm envious.

Ruki said...

Reply to comments above.

Payton -- dude I am totally getting one. the extenuating circumstances have proved null. full speed ahead! Now I just have to wait for game stop to call me.

radar -- c#2 you make a good point. However my crux is that their are a couple of games that we really really like and pick up from time to time. I guess to relate your analogy would be like if when the cd player game out it did have the ability to play your old tapes but perhaps only one side. Is that enough of a tease to keep one foot in the old door???

Payton -- I dont know what you are talking about I still dont have a cd player ^_^

Sue (radar) -- I cant wait to get my hands on some of Microsofts big juicy units and dare I say peripherals. there ya go laugh away!

Stephen -- Yes im still bumming for you but you know that you and Luke will be the first to come over and give it a try neway My ps1 and ps2 both serve a very wonderfull purpose and I think I would keep the psone over the xbox at this point just b/c of its size and its built in screen. But yeah i really just need to see for myself how backwards compatible it really is.

G-unit -- Dude I gots an Ipod. Its a 4g 40 gig ipod and its one of my best friends. But if you would like to get me a nano for x-mas I would not mind ^_^ again neway and xbox 360 is a home video game console and its the first one of these in the next generation to launch. This is significant b/c home consoles typically last 4-5 years from launch so its not like they come out every year.

Anonymous said...

Ok, but don't forget that i have an original series XBox that i seldom use. I have ZERO problem with loaning it out to you for an extended period of time at some point in the future should you give up your current one but find yourself Jonesing for a fix of some game that won't play on the new machine. All you'd need to do is keep a memory transfer 'UNIT' so you could 'LOAD' your saves onto my 'BOX'. [He-he].

Consider that a standing offer :-).