Monday, May 04, 2009

Bikes I lust for!

Ok so as promised here are the bikes currently on Sparky's drool worthy "fo sur ain neva gonna happen!" Dream list
Here we have the BMC Time machine.  Leading the charge in the OH MY GOSH YOU SPENT HOW MUCH ON A BICYCLE category these are just beautifull pieces of Art.  Totally custom hand made to your measurments and hurting your wallet in the neighborhood of $20k+ the time machine is about as extravagent as you can get.  However for me I could never own this bike as I feel like if you are going to own a bike that is nicer and cost more than virtually every pro rider out there you need to have the legs to back it up and I just dont have those.  
Cervelo P3  -- The big brother to the P2c in my last post and still quite affordable (all things considered).  You can build up one of these for less than 5 grand and you would be riding a bike that most of the pros would be happy with.  Considered by many to be the second fastes bike around (behind its newer sibling the P4) this little cherry can be guaranteed an appearance at virtually any race in the World.  So what do I like?  The design works.  Its proven and the guys at cervelo dont believe in marking up their product outrageously so its still approachable by many of the masses.  
Look 596 -- This bike is another in the Art category to me.  I just love the design of the frame and the "broken" top tube.  Integrated bayonet fork and stem round out the sexy on this bute.  This is just a sheer head turner but again if your gonna ride a look 596 you gotta have some legs.  Big time!
Guru Crono -- I have loved the concept of this bike for a loooong time.  Guru is a great custom frame maker and for around $8-10k (depending on the parts group) you can get one of the few fully custom made aero carbon frames available.  What is also cool to me is the way guru goes the extra mile in the finishing touches.  Lets face it you can have the most amazing and aero bike in the world but if its ugly it loses a lot.  Case in point for me the Cervelo P4 and why that didnt make my list!  Your options for paint and sticker are virtually limitless with the crono and I just really love the way its put together.  
Argon 18 E-114 -- Ok last but certainly not least.  If I could pick from anything on the list it would proably be this bike.  I think the price tag comes in the $4-6k range depending on parts and I just think the look of this bike is AMAZING.  

Well I hope you all enjoyed that.  

Cheers!

1 comment:

Sue/Mom said...

I have downgraded my own "stuff I lust for" list over the years. It's become "stuff I can afford." The two circles on that Venn diagram don't even intersect.