Monday, May 21, 2007

Taking a Breather

Well Sunday is typically my off day of training and then I go back to hitting it pretty hard with a 60 min or roughly 6 mile run on monday. Well today I said meh to that run! I had a really good workout on Sat. That was a brick workout and consisted of a 20 mile bike followed by a 3 mile run. Plus I have a small race tommorow night 2 mile run 10 mile bike 2 mile run that I am going to really push myself on. SO today I decided I needed a breather. I am back to not sleeping well again - Hooray for sleep depravation! And that coupled with a few other things leads me to think that taking another day off isnt such a bad idea. SO Im taking it easy today. Im gonna mow some grass so im not totally dormant or slouching on the couch but im definitly taking a rest. Oh I got my new helmet in the mail today!



I got the white one and its super cool! It fits really well and I think it will help me go just a smidge faster as it has less drag then my previous helmet. You might be surprised to find out that an aero helmet can have as much of an impact on aerodynamics as your wheels! SO its a good cheap investment in speed. And it looks cool too! And again anything that helps me go a smidge faster and means I will be on the bike less in florida is worth the money to me. Now if only I could find that spare $500 for wheels I would be in AWESOME shape. Well thats about it for me. I was just excited about having a bit of energy and about my new helmet.

cheers!

2 comments:

Stephen said...

sheesh. way to be anti-American.

Anonymous said...

Are you taking any vitamin or protein supplements? With a program like yours, you need to take some time to let your body rest and restore.