Monday, May 14, 2007

Can I get some BASE with a side of LSD

Ok ok yeah Im being punny. whoops I did it again. Anyway the phase of Ironman Training im in right now is considered to be base training or slowly getting my body to understand what I want it to do before I start trying to make it realize I want it to do all this faster as well. Oh goodie! And the best way to build base is Long Slow Distance or LSD workouts. SO yeah thats what I have been doing and I gotta tell you im starting to feel the effects. My endurance is definitely increasing but my little cutie Kaiya got me sick last week and that is really sapping my energy as well as ive not been sleeping well again so its monday morning, its 11:40 and im supposed to go for another 6 mile run and im just like ungh so tired. I just want to crawl into bed and go to sleep. I think this is what truly makes someone an Ironman. Its not just the event and the day its all the crap you sacrifice to get there. Well since im not doing anythign else productive I think im going to strap on my shoes and get out there. At least its nice outside!

Other things of note - Mothers day went really well I think I nailed that holiday very very well. Thanks Sue for the contribution to the Bling I know it means so much to Lisa and it will be a very special thing for her for a really really long time. SO thanks again.

Well thats about it for me. My job still has not changed much I have been given a few small tasks but its still business as usual. I'm still playing FF 12 and really enjoying it. Such a good game. Thats about it.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with it all, man!

Anonymous said...

Keep on keeping on!