Monday, November 06, 2006

It's ON!


Well I did it. I took the plunge. I joined roughly 2000 other athletes in signing up for what is going to be the most difficult and challenging race of my life. I was really worried that I would not get a spot. Registration fills in a matter of hours and many people try and dont make it. Registration started at noon and at 12:05 I was at a computer trying to get a spot. I only had about 3 screens on the web to fill out but it took me close to 25 min just to sign up. The lag was that bad b/c the site was being hammered that hard. Yesterday I was flying pretty high. Today I think im a little more grounded. Im thinking through the next year and the full weight of what signing up for an ironman means. Its funny Lisa had a dream last night where I finished an Ironman and WOW does she have high expectations. In her dream I didnt win my age group but I might as well have for where she had me. SO she asks me as Im leaving for work "SO how long do you think it will take you?" I calmly replied 12-15 hours is what im hoping for. Lets just think about that. 12-15 hours. Thats a long time to be doing anything! SO like I said I have a lot to consider and plan for but I think its going to be good. I already have some ideas and am working on some ways to help finance this whole "experiance" If they come through it will be the difference between taking a road trip in a caddy vs a yugo so I'm very hopefull they come through. But I guess I just want to say one more thing and thats a big Thank you to Lisa. She knows this is a big commitment on my part and that its going to mean time away from her and Kaiya but she also knows how much this means to me and how much I need to do this (thats another post entirely) and shes being really supportive of me. SO thanks so much sweetie. I love you so much and thanks for supporting me in this. Your the best!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess this means no more driving to work or any where else! Best wished to you on your INSANITY. At least enjoy it.