Thursday, November 16, 2006

I <3 my <3 rate monitor!

Ok ok I know everyone is not as geeky as me but in little net lingo and txt short speak <3 represents a heart. Just like a smiley flip it 90 degrees counter clockwise and OH WOW ITS A HEART! Its almost like one of those hidden 3d pictures but not. SO ne way its been about two weeks since I signed up for the Ironman and although I have been thinking about it non-stop I have put off posting anything about it. SO what am I doing? How am I preparing? Well my training plan is tentatively going to be like this:

phase 1: conditioning
phase 2: base, endurance
phase 3: power, speed, endurance

SO I thought I would take some time to talk about Phase 1 since thats where I am right now. Ive decided that if I really want to hit my time goal (somewhere in the 12 hour range) that I need to drop some weight. The marathon was a very good test of this. Had I been at my now target weight I think I could have gone a lot faster. However the marathon taught me this and then circumstances made this idea even harder. Ya see after the marathon I took like two weeks off (which was dumb) and then I got sick. Real sick. that scratched another 1.5 weeks. SO I went close to a month without doing practically anything. Plus with the house still torn up (its almost all back together fyi!!!!) I was eating Fast Food almost daily - YUCK! SO long story short I put on 10lbs after the marathon and was sitting at 150 which is just awefull since my target weight is 130!!! SO after two weeks of some great workouts in the Fat Burning zone - thanks <3 rate monitor I have dropped down to 145. Only 15 more to go! My goal is to be 130 by jan 1st. If that happens then I can start base. If not then I have to keep kicking it into overdrive until Im there or I might decide to go 125 not sure. I just have to see how im looking and feeling and what my body fat is at. I really need to go sub 10% I need to be more like a marathoner. long lean muscle little to no fat.

SO thats my current goal. Wish me luck!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Subway - Eat FRESSSSSSSSSSSH!

Anonymous said...

Recreation Zone??? I weep for your lack of commitment.

Anonymous said...

i know it isn't the right posting for it, but i wanted to say congrats on the new baby! HURRAY!