Thursday, July 20, 2006

7 days without sleep makes one (very freaking tired) weak

(if you have not checked out the v2.0 blog go there now!)

Ok yeah so I just dont sleep anymore which combined with me ramping up my training efforts is leading to, well, not so good results. I am wiped and I was making jokes this morning that were in retrospect not very funny but at the time I thought they were hilarious. SO I think vacation is coming at a good time. I just want to sleep through the night again. Last night consisted of us going to be around 10:30pm (which is not usual) and then around 1am I got up b/c I had been having a dream that my sweet pregnant wife desired a chocolate chip cookie. Silly me I actually got out of bed and started to go get her one when I realized -- you fool! we have no cookies! -- and that was the start of another restless night. I think I woke up every hour on the hour if not more until my alarm went off. SO not a very restfull night of sleep thats for sure. SO how is training now that I am commited to a marathon? Well im still trying to split things up between my 3 major disciplines and I am finding that I feel as though I am just kinda spinning my wheels. I need to formulate more of a plan and actually stick with it. I need to have workouts scheduled so that I dont just show up at the gym and go hmm I think ill do this or that today. I think that will help me achieve my goals better than the haphazard means I have been using so far. Other than that I am sore. I am running more now that I have in a long time in anticipation of the marathon and just trying to be smart to ward off injury which would be a bad thing. Other than that its really freaking hot which I like but the humidity is officially much much worse here than in florida so I feel I can complain about it. Its pretty nasty.

Other items of noteworthyness:
Lisa and I leave for vacation this sunday morning and are headed for Daytona Beach where we are going to take advantage of our newly acquired TIME SHARE. lol so that should be nice. We are both feeling burnt mentally and physically and if im going to feel burnt I want to at least be tan dangit! SO it should be a good time. We dont have much planned right now but we do hope to go snorkeling perhaps and just take it easy. Maybe some midnight walks on the beach would be nice as well! anyway we will be there for a week and im bringing my little ps1 and hope to get to play a lot of chrono cross as I like that game alot. Should be a really good time and I will be there in just a few days!!!!!!!!

Trying to think of what else is cool or what not. Oh yeah I have another race set for the end of september. This event is a team tri and the honorable Daniel Hickey has agreed to be my race partner. I fear his youthfull vigor will squash my seasoned veteraness and he will kick my butt, however thats ok b/c its a really neat event that starts with a 3 mile canoe in a two man boat (hence why its a team event) then a 20 mile bike and a 5 k run. My bike is far superior than anything dan will get to ride but he is a much stronger run then me (and I will have just run a marathon 2 weeks earlier) so Im expecting him to be the fast one even if I drop him on the bike I think he will either catch or more likely pass me on the run. But just the nature of this event is going to be fun. SO look for more details later on that.

well I have some work to do so
Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, you're the MAN. Take care and enjoy your much needed vacation.