Tuesday, September 18, 2007

SO ive been like ummm busy and stuff.

Ok the last month or so has been really hectic and I have not gotten to blog nearly enough and I know Lisa keeps saying "I need to update Kaiya's blog" We really do have lots to post. TONS of cute pics and even some new super cute video clips of her. Shes growing up so fast but I will leave that to lisa and her update that I promise is coming soon.

Well im like I dunno 43 or 42 days from Ironman Florida and depending on the day you catch me will depend on my response. Most days im pretty freaked out but some days I feel pretty ok about it. I have been getting some longer 5+ hour workouts in and thats helping to boost the confidence but I still need to get to the 7+ hour range to really have the confidence to push through this behemoth of an event. I have really been working on dialing in my nutrition and thats going well. Here is a little lesson for anyone who cares. While exercise the human body can only take in about 400 cal/hour. Yet I will be burning roughly 800-1000 cal/hour so its very important that I take in enough calories so as to avoid the dreaded "Bonk." Racing Ironman is not like most races its a very delicate balance of basically keeping your body just a little bit ahead of the bonk and maintaining that level of energy for the whole event. SO my plan right now is a energy gel every 30 min which gives me 200 calories and then half a bottle or about 10 ounces of powerbar endurance sports drink. Which will give me about another 200 calories or 400 for the hour. SO thats the plan.

SO thats the big thing on my mind but another thing I got going on is another race this weekend. My Team in Training race has finally come and I leave for Florida on friday morning with lisa and kaiya to go down to disney and race. This will be the longest race I have done in awhile and should be a pretty good warm up for my Ironman. My coach wants me to race this all out but im not really sure how to do that. I know how to all out a sprint Tri but the disney tri is like 3xs longer than the longest sprint I have done so if I go all out im going to burn out before the finish. SO im going to have to try to balance and find a pace somewhere between the sprints I have done and the pace I am using in training for the Ironman. The distances for the race are .9 mile swim (in killer amoeba infested waters, im not even joking) Then a 35 mile bike followed by a 6 mile run. Thats pretty long but im shooting for a time of 3 to 3.5 hours. We shall see how I hold up. SO wish me luck. Im totally stressing over my bike. I had to give it up last week to be shipped down and its just feels so wrong to not have it.

Theoretically next week I will have a post up with lots of pics from the race as well as my results.

cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard how you did yet. hope it went well.
Here's something you'll enjoy: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14640/Mimoco-Announces-Master-Chief-USB-Flash-Drives/

Anonymous said...

okay so the blog like cut off half the link.
so let's try that again: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14640/Mimoco-Announces
-Master-Chief-USB-Flash-Drives/