Monday, April 09, 2007

T-30 weeks and counting

Well its 30 weeks till the Ironman and right now I feel like balsa wood man. I would be lying if I were to say the whole thing doesnt scare me. I mean c'mon lets think about this - 140.6 miles covered over Land (running), Sea (open water ocean swim), and I know its a stretch but Air (the bike, my body wont be touching the ground now will it!) and my goal is 12-13 hours. 12-13 hours!!!! OMG thats a freaking long time. thats like driving to florida long time and thats the optimistic side. It could very well take me roughly 15 hours to complete. 15 HOURS! Now thats a freakin long time. SO yeah at this point I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed about the whole thing. I know that I can do it and I know that even if I cant quite keep up my training that as long as I put a solid effort in I will finish but there is still so much of the unknown out there. SO many things can go wrong in that race. The Ironman is really different than anything else out there in a lot of ways. Many races that are open to the public most avg joes can enter and they wont win but they will at least finish. The ironman is a different beast altogether. This race demands respect or else it will spit you out and forget about you faster than you can say D-N-F. DNF is that horrible phrase that nobody likes to see next to their name on a results sheet. Did Not Finish. I think thats the fear of most first timers and thats what im facing now. Will I be able to actually train for this monster of a race? Will I be able to anticipate things that will go wrong? will I be prepared for them? What about the things I cant predict, will I be able to improvise, adapt, and overcome them? I know im not alone though. Right now there are at least a couple of hundred other people who for them, Ironman florida is their first race and they are just as scared as me. Right now they are obsessing over things like bike wheels and hydration racks. Trying to shave valuable minutes off the bike with the latest in aerodynamic wind cheating carbon fiber. Wondering what shoes to wear for the run and wondering if a wetsuit can really float the boat anchors that are my legs into a proper swim position.

SO todays the day that my training really kicks off. Today is my inaugural day where I can say I am actively training for an Ironman. Wish me luck!

Cheers!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Luck!

I'll even go so far as to offer the good kind.

Anonymous said...

Remember, feel your surroundings. Enjoy the time spent training and competing. Be in tune with nature and draw strength from it. Providence.

Stephen said...

Mass effect looks sweet.

alex said...

Other explorers have struck the path blazed lorazepam by Freud and leading into man's unconscious.. You take phentermine two now--- Mr.. Titbottom seems to find lithium very little pleasure in his.. The view which she was at some pains to make understood was, that her friends had contrived this method of keeping her out of the way of a desperate lover whose addresses vicodin were not acceptable to them.. To one or more horses driven by a coachman of years and experience he did not always object, but to a horse driven by Podington, who had much experience and knowledge regarding mercantile affairs, but morphine was merely an amateur horseman, he most decidedly and strongly objected.. We find here, also, presentations which possess great psychic significance as junctions or as end-results thyroid of whole chains of thought; but this validity does not manifest itself in any character conspicuous enough for internal perception; hence, what has been presented in it does not become in any way more intensive.. Still he did, and climbing laboriously into the saddle, he held norco on stupidly while the hungry beast struck out for home.. If two were quarrelling about a marble or a ball, I had only to go behind a tree where I was concealed thyroid and look at them leisurely.. In all human probability the late omission of the shaking pseudoephedrine of Sim's and Marann's hands was compensated at their parting that afternoon.. As I was saying, ma'am, continued Mrs. metformin. She concluded he must have taken a counter-poison, and she hydrocodone was not slow in guessing its source.. Ever since Stuhk had found tylenol him, life had had an unreal quality for him.. 104; see also Freud, Ueber den Gegensinn der Urworte; Jahrbuch fuer fosamax Psychoanalytische und Psychopathologische Forschungen , Band II.. At last he caught the eye of motrin Monsieur Poopoo.. SMITE! pseudoephedrine POST...