Sunday, September 17, 2006

Man was that a long day!

Well if you have been following my blog you know that yesterday was the day of my marathon. And as promised here are some pics from it. But wait you have to read all the way to the bottom before I reveal my finish time!



So here I am at the start. Its about 15 min before the race began and im gearing up. One thing that was a really nice touch with this race is that for the full marathoners and only the full marathoners we got our names on our bibs. SO check it out it actually says Chris on it. If I had known it was going to be like that I probably would have put Sparky!



Were now about 5 min from the start and im getting in some last minute stretching. Notice my sunglasses. They stayed right there till about mile 17 when the sun finaly came out. All in all it was a perfect day to run a marathon with the sky mostly overcast and the temps in the low 70's



WOW and its over! If only it felt that quick in real life. If you look at the clock it says 5hours 4 min but my official time will be a little lower than that as I was in the back of the starting group so it took me a few minutes to get to the start line. However they still have not posted official times yet so I dont know my official end time but Im thinking some somewhere in the 5:02 ish area. I would have liked to break 5 hours but their really isnt that much of a difference between 4:59 and 5:02 so im ok with that.


Well heres one more pic of me shaking hands with one of the race directors. All over it was a great event. The aid stations were awesome and very frequent (every mile!!!!) and all the volunteers were up beat and wonderfull. I think im spoiled now when it comes to marathons! Well as soon as I get official times and my official ranking I will post them. Also I should be getting some other photos from the group the marathon had taking pics. Should be some good in course photos and a good finish photo of me coming down the final .2 SO look forward to that. Other than that I am totally sore today but in good spirits. Im one more step closer to being ready for my ironman in 07 now!

Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

never doubted you, hope it was everything you wanted it to be.

bring on 07

Anonymous said...

Are you ready for Boston? Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Chris: You da man!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh. I just now saw your pics. Very nice!!!!! Hope you have good weather for your Ghosts and Goblins run.